Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Teachers Love Breaks Too!

Alright my blogging friends, the reason I did not blog last week is that we were on our Spring Break! We have had a cruise booked for 15 of my family members for almost two years and last week was the big week. Let me tell you... I needed this break. Teachers need breaks. We work hard day in and day out. We spend most nights, weekends, breaks and summers working to do everything we can for our students. (I'm not knocking any professions. Everyone works hard and needs a break too!)

This was the first break where I did no school work. 
No lesson plans.
No planning.
No paperwork.
No emails.
No Pinteresting (that counts as school work!)
I did not even think about my students until the last day of my break. 
And let me tell you... I needed this break.
I know I spend a lot of time working and being in a teacher mindset. I am constantly thinking about my students and how I can be a better teacher. As I once heard a great teacher say "teaching is not a job, it's a lifestyle" and it is so true. So at first before break I felt a little guilty not working on anything school related, but now I know that this Spring Break has made me a better teacher because it allowed me to recharge. 

Yes, all most? teachers love breaks too, but they need them to be the best teacher they can be. 

Here are some pictures from my trip! (My younger brother is an amazing photographer)


Remember teachers, take time for yourself and recharge!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment